This call aims to select 30 new artists and 6 new curators working with photography to take part in the PARALLEL Platform 3rd Cycle, between September 2019 and November 2020.
Tutoring, exhibitions and publications: those selected will be taking part in an innovative creative process, from idea to exhibition, integrating a wide network of high profile and cutting-edge artists, curators and other art professionals.
All those interested in partaking should send their applications until the 31st March.
Call for artists: http://bit.ly/2UnPcfA
Call for curators: http://bit.ly/2RuiXK3
About this call
The jurors are looking for new artists and curators who satisfy the following criteria:
- are in the early stages of their career;
- show significant artistic potential;
- their artistic practice is engaged with contemporary discourse;
- haven’t yet attained international recognition;
- (artists) have had NO MORE than 3 individual exhibitions in a museum/gallery/festival;
- (artists) have had NO MORE than 6 collective exhibitions in a museum/gallery/festival
- (curators) have curated NO MORE than 3 exhibitions in a museum/gallery/festival.
Applications from artists who have never exhibited at museums/galleries/festivals and curators who’ve never curated an exhibition at museums/galleries/festivals are more than welcome.
The call is open internationally. There’s no compulsory theme, all work is appreciated. The selection will take into account gender balance and overall diversity.
PARALLEL working language is English; therefore, all applicants must understand, speak, read and write in English.
1st February – 31st March
Agreement for selected artists/curators
early June 2019
Public announcement of selected artists/curator
early July 2019
Edson Chagas (Artist)
Emma Lewis (Tate Modern Assistant Curator)
Jean-Marc Lacabe (Gallerie Le Château d’Eau Director)
Marina Paulenka (Organ Vida Festival Director)
Nuno Ricou Salgado (PARALLEL Platform Artistic Director)